If you want to ensure the effectiveness and longevity of your commercial HVAC system, you should be on top of your maintenance schedule. By doing this, you have specialists available to inspect and let you know the current condition of your air conditioning. Moreover, you will be able to check what parts need cleaning, repair, or replacement.
Start your air conditioning repair service schedule by designing a checklist.
Why Is Planning Important in HVAC Maintenance?
Your air conditioning system is a piece of complex machinery that will surely encounter different problems over the years. To ensure that the issues are addressed promptly and effectively, you have to have a system. This system is your checklist.
An HVAC maintenance checklist is a tool that will help you make sure that your air conditioners are working correctly. It is a great way to establish a baseline and build an ongoing plan for your commercial cooling systems.
Having an initial checklist is an excellent way to determine what your HVAC system needs for maintenance. It will also help you set up a structure to ensure that you are always aware of what is going on with your unit. It is a great way to make sure that you always have a plan and stay organised.
You can divide your aircon service checklist into monthly, quarterly, and yearly requirements. Here are some of them.
What to Add to Your Monthly HVAC Maintenance Checklist
For your monthly HVAC maintenance checklist, here are the things you should include:
Inspect the electrical and mechanical parts of the system
- Check the refrigerant charge
- Inspect the system for damage
- Inspect the operational, safety, and quality of the system
- Inspect and replace all filters
- Inspect the safety of the ventilation system
- Inspect the insulation of the system
- Inspect the quality of the indoor air
What to Add to Your Quarterly HVAC Maintenance Checklist?
Every three months, make sure you have the following checked:
- Inspect the condenser coil
- Inspect the outdoor unit and replace if necessary
- Inspect the condenser fan motor
- Inspect the refrigerant lines
What to Add to Your Yearly HVAC Maintenance Checklist?
For your yearly HVAC maintenance checklist, you have to have the following:
- Check the ductwork
- Inspect the terminal units, including coils
- Evaluate terminal unit components
- Inspect the return air and relief air grills
What Are the Factors That Influence What Goes on Your Maintenance Checklist?
You may also want to consider the following factors if you’re going to ensure you do the right decisions for your checklist:
- The size of your building
- The number of people the system serves
- The current age of the unit
- The average operating hours of the system
- The amount of heating and cooling it provides
- How frequently the system is used
- The kinds of systems that are installed in the building
To choose the right inspection items, you should be more familiar with your system. If you want to create a more comprehensive checklist, you should know what your system can do. At the end of the day, you will have a more effective inspection and maintenance service when you operate with the correct information.
An air conditioning maintenance checklist is a great way to ensure your unit is working correctly. It will help you stay organised and always be aware of the current condition of your unit. It is a great structure to help you maintain your HVAC unit.
Do you need an air conditioning service in Sydney? Roberts Air Conditioning is here for you. Our expert technicians cater to both residential and commercial properties — from installations and inspections to repairs and maintenance. Message us today for an enquiry.